Today (21 August 2020) at 9.00 AM. At the Convention Center Building, Rama Garden Hotel Bangkok, General Prawit Wongsuwang, Deputy Prime Minister presided over the seminar. He provided urgent government policy on natural resources and the environment. The plan emphasizes that the provincial governor is the primary mechanism for integrating natural resources and environment cooperation as follows:
1. Reforestation and prevention forest fires project: The provincial governor is the leading responsible agency in the area by planting forests and increasing green spaces in the community together with MNRE and volunteers. Moreover, creating awareness mechanisms by using the network of volunteers to be a channel to communicate and building cooperation with the public.
2. Community forest project: The provincial governor as a community forest committee at the provincial level is the main mechanism for managing and supervising the community forest committee's work in each area.
3. National Land Policy Council Project (NLPC): Expediting the exploration of holding and organizing the forest usage areas, especially the upstream area or the area of water quality levels 1 and 2. This project aims to allocate land for housing and use it to people regarding the mechanism of NLPC and urgently reforestation in areas.
4. Solve the problem of smoke and MP 2.5: The provincial Governor and Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment cooperative with volunteer network have worked together to solve forest fire problem by using the mechanism of the reforestation project and preventing forest fires. The War Rooms are setting up at the national, regional, provincial, district, and local levels in the high-risk of forest fire areas
5. Water management and water filling in soil: The provincial Governor shall appoint a working group for setting and screening plans and projects of water management and ground and underground water storage to send information to ONWR. Then ONWR will coordinate with the project responsible agencies to establish budgets.
On this same occasion, General Prawit Wongsuwan, Deputy Prime Minister, along with Mr. Prawit Rujithet, the Director-General of the Center for the Royal Volunteerism, and Mr. Warawut Sipla-archa, Minister of National Resources and Environment, are the witness for the delivery of 1) the land management manual for the community under the National Land Policy Committee; 2) the operation manual for the Community Forest Act 2019 at Provincial Act Level; 3) action manual for prevention and solution of PM 2.5 dust problem at provincial level; 4) groundwater refills manual guideline for design, construct, and maintenance; and 5) operation manual for the restoration project and prevent forest fires at the provincial level between the Permanent Secretary for the Ministry of National Resources and Environment (Mr. Jatupron Buruspat) and Deputy Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Interior (Mr.Pornpoj Penpass) to deliver to the provincial governor utilized in the operation to raise the quality of life people in the future.